The new pricing model of Google Workspace has done away with the addon 100Gb option for specific mailboxes and the ability to upgrade plans for a subset of users.
Now all users = single plan.
This change may not be cost-optimal if your users have different usage and storage needs.
Not surprisingly, managing storage growth beyond your Google Workspace Business Starter’s 30GB limit is the most popular business need we have been solving for our customers since 2020. And the solution has been getting better ever since.
Let’s take a peek at how this works:
So far, the popular approach to growing mailbox storage has been:
- Download & delete emails to reclaim space in the mailbox.
- Buy more storage.
- Upgrade to Google Business Standard or higher.
Challenges with these approaches:
- Downloading emails locally increases data risks.
- Buying extra storage is no more an option.
- Upgrading plans for all users may be an unnecessary cost.
Vaultastic can help
Offload aging excess data from Google mailboxes automatically to Vaultastic’s independent cloud, thereby creating tiered storage, which helps you retain the starter subscription and stay within the 30GB limits. Here is how it works:
- Automatically archive a copy of ALL your email data to Vaultastic’s independent, neutral, tamper-proof repository.
- Deploy a retention policy on the primary Google mailboxes to keep them truncated within the 30GB limit.
- Users now access recent emails from the primary Google mailbox and older emails from Vaultastic’s self-service app.
- The Vaultastic addon achieves 100% data availability at compressed costs (save up to 60%).
- Vaultastic reduces data-related risks and the potential of vendor lock-in.
- You are now automatically compliance ready.
Learn more about this solution here, and this is how it works.