- Ensure oversight of key business processes
- Create a tamper-proof audit trail of activities
- Improve information accessibility and discoverability
- Reduce legal and compliance risks
- Build data resilience to minimize disruption
- Improve information governance and agility
Expedient methods of preserving data increase risks long term costs
- Provide inadequate security
- Creates data fragmentation
- Lacks the flexibility and agility necessary for Lifecycle Data Management needs.
- Are costly to maintain and refresh
- Lacks strict privacy control
Unparalleled benefits from Vaultastic’s cross-platform and centralized cloud archival
Reach out to us
Get started with reducing data-related risks
- Vaultastic for Office 365
- Email archiving service
- Email storage management
- 1. Why do I need a separate archive solution for Microsoft Office 365?
Having a separate and centrally accessible archive for Microsoft 365 emails and OneDrive data can provide additional protection for critical data while optimizing the cost of data retention. Specifically, here are a few reasons:
- Move data assets used by former employees to Vaultastic to optimize subscription costs.
- Regulations, laws, and IT best practices need a separate and independent backup from where the data is generated.
- A large cloud mailbox does not protect data from accidental or intentional deletions.
- Exchange Online Archive only extends your Inbox size and is not a complete copy of your data and, hence, not a data protection tool.
- Switching on the legal hold option prevents the user from deleting data henceforth, but it cannot undo earlier deletions.
- This multi-cloud strategy reduces your risk of vendor lock-in as you control your most critical data in an independent infrastructure.
- 2. I am currently using Microsoft 365 with sufficient storage. Do I still need a separate data archive?
Having adequate storage in the active user mailbox or OneDrive may not protect your critical data against accidental or intentional erasure, theft, or corruption.
In addition, Microsoft 365 offers Exchange Online archiving capabilities to extend the size of the Inbox. Coupled with features such as legal hold and retaining deleted items for some time, it may seem as if the data is protected.
However, it may not provide a complete, up-to-date copy of all the data and the granularity, searchability, and compliance capabilities that a separate data archive solution offers.
If your organization has specific regulatory or legal requirements for data retention and archiving, or if you need advanced search and discovery capabilities for historical data across user vaults, it may be beneficial to use a separate data archive solution for Microsoft 365. Learn more here
- 3. What data does Vaultastic archive from Microsoft 365?
Vaultastic can archive emails and files from Microsoft Office 365 and can be easily scaled to archive other data types as well.
- 4. How does Vaultastic integrate with M365?
Vaultastic integrates with Microsoft Office 365 using Journaling and secure API connections. This allows Vaultastic to access and archive your M365 data without disrupting your existing workflow.
To integrate Vaultastic and Microsoft 365, you must create a Vaultastic account and connect your Microsoft 365 tenant to Vaultastic. You can start archiving your data once you have connected your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Journaling sends a copy of every email sent and received by selected users to Vaultastic. Learn more
- 5. Does the integration between Vaultastic and M365 impact my existing M365 workflow?
No, the integration between Vaultastic and M365 does not impact your existing M365 workflow. Vaultastic works behind the scenes to archive your data, so you can continue to use M365 as you normally would.
- 6. Is the integration between Vaultastic and M365 secure?
Yes, the integration between Vaultastic and M365 is very secure. Vaultastic is secured at seven layers to protect your data, including encryption, access control, and auditing. The transfer of data between M365 and Vaultastic is end-to-end encrypted.
- 7. Can I archive the emails of selected users only?
- 8. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Microsoft 365 setup to enable archiving of email & file data?
- 9. How do I access, search, and extract my archived email data on Vaultastic?
Vaultastic offers role-based access to your archived data.
Depending on your use case, you can enable individual user access, department-level access, or complete auditor-level access.
The Vaultastic app is a cloud web application accessed anywhere using a browser.
Once you login, you can search for the required data and extract it granularly in portable formats.
- 10. Can I archive my existing M365 data and PST files to Vaultastic?
Yes, Vaultastic can archive your existing M365 data. This includes emails currently available in mailboxes, offline PST files, and files on OneDrive. You can choose to archive all of your data or just specific data types, such as emails or files. Vaultastic also allows you to set retention policies for your archived data, so you can automatically delete old data after a certain period.
- 11. What are the pros and cons if I back up my files from OneDrive to an external hard drive?
If you are doing this to keep a copy of all your files on OneDrive, consider a safer, more secure, and scalable option like Vaultastic. A OneDrive backup to an external hard drive increases data loss, corruption, and tampering risks, rendering the whole solution very risky
Vaultastic’s cloud-based data archiving solution provides an excellent alternative to back up OneDrive files and reduces risks related to accidental or intentional erasures.
Vaultastic complies with industry regulatory norms and provides exceptionally durable storage to put you at ease.
Learn more here.
- 12. How do I back up OneDrive data?
The best way to back up OneDrive is through periodic sync of the generated, stored, and modified files. Vaultastic can sync files from Microsoft OneDrive using a complete sync for the first time and then an incremental sync regularly to capture the changes.
Learn more here
- 13. What is the process for archiving files from OneDrive for Business?
Archiving files from OneDrive for Business involves creating a backup copy of the files to separate independent storage on another cloud.
Vaultastic does this by allowing you to define the files you should archive from the user’s drive based on the date and time and other relevant attributes of the files.
Using the same tools, you can also take regular incremental backups of the files changed between the two backups.
Learn more here
- 14. How often should I archive files from OneDrive for Business?
The frequency of archiving files from OneDrive for Business will depend on your organization's specific needs and regulations.
Since the files on OneDrive for Business carry business-critical data generated by users, we recommend a frequent schedule of incremental backups after the entire initial backup.
A daily backup works best.
Learn more here
- 15. Can I restore my archived Microsoft 365 data to Microsoft 365?
Yes, you can restore your archived Microsoft 365 data to Microsoft 365 at any time. To restore emails from the ediscovery view, search and select the data you want to restore and click the Restore button. Alternatively, you can export desired data as a PST file and import that into M365 via Outlook.
To restore files, you have archived from OneDrive for Business. Vaultastic provides a search tool to locate the required files from the backup and then extraction tools to export the selected files.
- 16. Using Vaultastic, can I archive only specific files or folders from OneDrive for Business?
- 17. What is an effective way to ensure a OneDrive backup of all files?
To ensure a complete OneDrive backup of all files, we recommend using Vaultastic as follows:
- Take a complete OneDrive backup of all the users' files.
- Now, incrementally back up OneDrive files daily to ensure complete capture of all changes and additions on that day.
Using this simple strategy, you can archive or back up OneDrive for business data to ensure complete redundancy for your critical information.
Learn more here
- 18. Since OneDrive is on the cloud, how does another cloud backup for OneDrive help?
Even though OneDrive is on the cloud, it is not safe from the tampering of files or accidental and intentional file erasures.
Also, when an employee leaves your organization, how will you preserve the corporate data generated, stored, and used by the employee via OneDrive?
In a regulated industry, you must have an independent backup of all data in separate, safe, secure, and durable storage.
Hence, regularly backing up all your business-critical data on OneDrive to different cloud storage is advised.
- 19. Is Vaultastic a secure file archiving solution to backup OneDrive files?
Vaultastic’s robust data protection platform can deliver secure OneDrive file archiving to achieve multi-layered and durable OneDrive file protection.
Vaultastic offers complete and incremental backup of files on OneDrive using automated tools and an operational cloud infrastructure separate from Microsoft.
Amongst file archiving solutions to backup OneDrive files, Vaultastic excels in speed, ease, and cost optimization of storage.
- 20. What is the relationship between OneDrive backup and compliance?
To adhere to the regulatory guidelines for data security, you must ensure a physically separate, secure, and durable copy of all your critical data.
A robust backup and recovery strategy for OneDrive focuses on archiving the files on OneDrive to independent cloud storage.
Thus, a powerful OneDrive backup and compliance are inextricably linked.
- 21. What is the best way to back up OneDrive?
While the traditional popular method is to backup OneDrive files to an external hard drive or backup OneDrive to a local drive, these may not be the safest and most secure ways to manage a OneDrive backup.
A cloud backup for OneDrive, like the one offered by Vaulastic, will ensure that you securely and durably preserve your business-critical file data from OneDrive in an independent store.
My regulator wants me to provide a OneDrive backup and disaster recovery plan. How do I achieve this quickly?
We propose using Vaultastic as an add-on to OneDrive for business. This simple integration will help you with regular OneDrive backups and ensure you preserve your valuable data on the Vaultastic cloud with 11 9’s durability backed by an in-built disaster recovery site.
Vaultastic is a simple but robust tool supporting the backup and recovery of OneDrive. A single pane of glass administration eases the management of your OneDrive backup and retention strategy.
- 22. What are the benefits of using Vaultastic to archive my Microsoft 365 data?
There are several benefits to using Vaultastic to archive your Microsoft 365 data, including:
Comprehensive archiving: Vaultastic can archive the most critical of your Microsoft 365 data, viz., emails and files
Compliance: Vaultastic helps you to comply with various industry regulations, such as GDPR, HIPAA, and SOX, which require organizations to retain data for specific periods of time.
eDiscovery: Vaultastic makes searching and retrieving archived data for eDiscovery purposes easy
Risk management: Vaultastic helps you to reduce the risk of data loss and corruption by archiving your data to a secure cloud location.
Cost optimization: Vaultastic can help you save money on your Microsoft 365 storage costs by archiving inactive data to a lower-cost storage tier.
- 1. My company is not part of a regulated industry. Do I still need to archive email?
The rapid digitization of organizations across industries is driving reliance on modern tools for business communication.
And email has become a dominant form of communication between organizations and their customers and partners.
This shift creates large volumes of unstructured business communication data, making recovery of data complex while handling data loss, theft, or corruption cases.
And the growing sophistication and number of cyberattacks are not helping to manage data-related risks.
A secure, immutable, central archive can help you preserve email data in tamper-proof vaults for extended periods and ensure that the data is online, search-ready, and discoverable on demand.
- 2. I use a cloud email service like Google Workspace/MS365, which gives me 30/50GB of storage per user. Why do I still need to archive email when my cloud mailbox storage is sufficient?
Your end-users typically manage your cloud mailboxes and have full rights to delete and move emails.
Hence you are never sure if the mailboxes have all the emails the users ever sent or received.
Thus an inability to retrieve any data requested by the auditor or compliance officer can put your organization at a significant legal or compliance risk.
Besides, you also run the risk of IP theft or data loss, which can financially cost your organization.
As a data management best practice, having an independent, immutable archive of all your data will substantially de-risk your organization and improve your ability to respond to data access requests.
- 1. How does this Email Storage solution help me stay within my purchased mailbox limits of 30GB or 50GB?
By deploying Vaultastic, you will automatically archive a copy of every mail to an independent, safe, and secure infrastructure.
Now it’s safe to delete emails from your active mailboxes since you will find them on Vaultastic. So, by deploying an automatic retention policy on your primary mailboxes (like retain emails of only the last two years and delete the rest), you can curtail the size of your mailboxes to stay within limits.
- 2. Once I archive emails to Vaultastic, is it safe for me to delete aging emails from my primary mailboxes? Do I need to maintain another backup?
Vaultastic delivers robust data durability and availability with a disaster recovery site that stores multiple redundant copies of your emails. A copy of all your emails is saved in Vaultastic’s extremely durable cloud storage (11 9’s of durability), ensuring that your chance of losing data is near zero. Learn more.
- 3. I practice periodically downloading old mail from my users’ mailboxes to PST files and storing them offline, which works for me. Why should I adopt Vaultastic as an Email Storage Management solution?
These traditional methods are limiting:
Manual process leading to low productivity:
Your IT Team, currently engaged in this work, can be doing something which adds more value to your business.
Risk of Data loss:
Since your capture is periodic, you will likely miss any added and deleted emails in the gap. Also, the human element and traditional storage devices fragment data and open it to tampering, theft, and loss.
Difficult to find information:
The fragmented, raw data makes it challenging to locate specific information quickly and accurately when requested during litigation or audits.
Vaultastic’s data storage management tools address the above and more challenges faced in data storage and data management. Learn more
Why the Vaultastic platform
Performance that Scales
Multi-dimension Cost Optimization
Complete Data Lifecycle Management
Why the Vaultastic platform
Continuous security update
Multi-dimension cost optimization
Complete data lifecycle management
Continuous monitoring and management of security threats to build cyber resilience
- Compliance with industry regulatory guidelines
- Independent VAPT audits
- AWS FTR audit
- GDPR-shared responsibility model
- Continuous management and monitoring of security threats to build cyber resilience
High impact data management use cases across businesses
Small urban bank
Mid sized financial services firm
Mid sized health insurance
Mid sized regional bank
Mid sized bank
Legal services firm
Local government body
Small retail tech
Research and communication services
Very promising and visionary futuristic product
Overall this product is very much front line in terms of current compliance needs and competing with World leader peer solutions.
Innovation And Solutioning At Its Best
Innovation and solutioning at its best: It has been a great experience working with Mithi. Specially in the servicing part there support is commendable. They are good at providing simple and innovative solutioning.
The Archival - peak to bottom
We needed to preserve email data of former employees, reduce the license cost and cost of ever growing mail data, while staying compliant as per regulatory requirements. Vaultastic helps us achieve the above objectives, effectively.