- Ensure oversight of key business processes
- Create a tamper-proof audit trail of activities
- Improve information accessibility and discoverability
- Reduce legal and compliance risks
- Build data resilience to minimize disruption
- Improve information governance and agility
Expedient methods of preserving data increase risks long term costs
- Provide inadequate security
- Creates data fragmentation
- Lacks the flexibility and agility necessary for Lifecycle Data Management needs.
- Are costly to maintain and refresh
- Lacks strict privacy control
Unparalleled benefits from Vaultastic’s cross-platform and centralized cloud archival
Reach out to us
Get started with reducing data-related risks
- Vaultastic for Office 365
- Vaultastic for Exchange
- Email archiving service
- Email storage management
- 1. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Microsoft 365 setup to enable archiving of email data?
- 2. Will the email data be archived across cloud providers with Microsoft 365 on Azure and Vaultastic on AWS?
Yes. Configuring Vaultastic for mail domains hosted on Cloud email services such as Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace ensures that a physical copy of every mail sent and received is available on the AWS cloud.
This multi-cloud strategy reduces your risk of vendor lock-in as you control your most critical data in an independent infrastructure.
- 3. If I back up my files from OneDrive to an external hard drive, what are the pros and cons?
If you are doing this to keep a copy of all your files on OneDrive, consider a safer, more secure, and scalable option like Vaultastic.
A OneDrive backup to an external hard drive increases data loss, corruption, and tampering risks, rendering the whole solution very risky.
Vaultastic’s cloud-based data archiving solution provides an excellent alternative to back up OneDrive files and reduces risks related to accidental or intentional erasures.
Vaultastic complies with industry regulatory norms and provides exceptionally durable storage to put you at ease.
Learn more here.
- 4. How do I back up OneDrive data?
The best way to back up OneDrive is via a periodic sync of the files generated, stored, and modified. Vaultastic can sync files from OneDrive using a complete sync for the first time and then an incremental sync regularly to capture the changes.
Learn more here.
- 5. I am currently using Microsoft 365 with sufficient storage. Do I still need a separate data archive?
Having adequate storage in the active user mailbox or OneDrive may not protect your critical data against accidental or intentional erasure, theft, or corruption.
In addition, Microsoft 365 includes archiving capabilities, such as legal hold and retaining deleted items for some time.
However, it may not provide the level of granularity, searchability, and compliance capabilities that a dedicated data archive solution would offer.
If your organization has specific regulatory or legal requirements for data retention and archiving, or if you need advanced search and discovery capabilities for historical data across user vaults, it may be beneficial to use a separate data archive solution in addition to Microsoft 365. Learn more here
- 6. How do I access, search, and extract my archived email data on Vaultastic?
- 7. Can I archive the emails of selected users only?
- 8. Can I migrate my legacy email data in PST formats?
- 9. What is the process for archiving files from OneDrive for Business?
Archiving files from OneDrive for Business involves creating a backup copy of the files to separate independent storage on another cloud.
Vaultastic does this by allowing you to define the files you should archive from the user’s drive based on the date and time and other relevant attributes of the files.
Using the same tools, you can also take regular incremental backups of the files changed between the two backups.
- 10. How often should I archive files from OneDrive for Business?
The frequency of archiving files from OneDrive for Business will depend on your organization's specific needs and regulations.
Since the files on OneDrive for Business carry business-critical data generated by users, we recommend a frequent schedule of incremental backups after the entire initial backup.
A daily backup works best.
- 11. Can I restore files that Vaultastic has archived from OneDrive for Business?
Yes, you can restore files you have archived from OneDrive for Business. Vaultastic provides a search tool to locate the required files from the backup and then extraction tools to export the selected files.
- 12. Using Vaultastic, can I archive only specific files or folders from OneDrive for Business?
- 13. Are there any limits to the number or size of files that Vaultastic can archive from OneDrive for Business?
Vaultastic has no such limitations.
- 14. What is an effective way to ensure a OneDrive backup of all files?
To ensure a complete OneDrive backup of all files, we recommend using Vaultastic:
- Take a complete OneDrive backup of all the files for all the users.
- Now, incrementally backup OneDrive files daily to ensure complete capture of all changes and additions on that day.
Using this simple strategy, you can archive or backup OneDrive for business data to ensure complete redundancy for your critical information.
- 15. Since OneDrive is on the cloud, how does another cloud backup for OneDrive help?
Even though OneDrive is on the cloud, it is not safe from the tampering of files or accidental and intentional file erasures.
Also, when an employee leaves your organization, how will you preserve the corporate data generated, stored, and used by the employee via OneDrive?
In a regulated industry, you must have an independent backup of all data in separate storage that is safe, secure, and durable.
Hence, regularly backing up all your business-critical data on OneDrive to different cloud storage is advised.
- 16. Is Vaultastic a secure file archiving solution to backup OneDrive files?
Vaultastic’s robust data protection platform can deliver secure OneDrive file archiving to achieve multi-layered and durable OneDrive file protection.
Vaultastic offers complete and incremental backup of files on OneDrive using automated tools and an operational cloud infrastructure separate from Microsoft.
Amongst file archiving solutions to backup OneDrive files, Vaultastic excels in speed, ease, and cost optimization of storage.
- 17. What is the relationship between OneDrive backup and compliance?
To adhere to the regulatory guidelines for data security, you must ensure a physically separate, secure, and durable copy of all your critical data.
A robust backup and recovery strategy for OneDrive focuses on archiving the files on OneDrive to independent cloud storage.
Thus a powerful OneDrive backup and compliance are inextricably linked.
- 18. What is the best way to backup OneDrive?
While the traditional popular method is to backup OneDrive files to an external hard drive or backup OneDrive to a local drive, these may not be the safest and most secure ways to manage a OneDrive backup.
A cloud backup for OneDrive, like the one offered by Vaulastic, will ensure that you securely and durably preserve your business-critical file data from OneDrive in an independent store.
- 19. My regulator wants me to provide a OneDrive backup and disaster recovery plan. How do I achieve this quickly?
We propose using Vaultastic as an add-on to OneDrive for business. This simple integration will help you with regular OneDrive backups and ensure you preserve your valuable data on the Vaultastic cloud with 11 9’s durability backed by an in-built disaster recovery site.
Vaultastic is a simple but robust tool supporting the backup and recovery for OneDrive. A single pane of glass administration eases the management of your OneDrive backup and retention strategy.
- 1. Do we need to deploy any software on the Hosted Exchange setup for integration with Vaultastic?
No, the Vaultastic connector for Hosted Exchange uses the journaling feature of Hosted Exchange to send a copy of every mail sent and received by the selected users to an independent Vaultastic store. This capability does not require any additional software or tool to be installed on the Hosted Exchange setup.
- 2. What configuration is needed on the Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online domains?
- 3. Why doesn't Vaultastic support an IMAP connector to Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online?
Vaultastic protects email using the journaling capability of the primary mail platform. This ensures that a copy of every email is sent to Vaultastic in real-time, BEFORE delivery. Thereby ensuring that even if emails are deleted from the primary mailbox, they continue to remain intact on Vaultastic
An IMAP based archiving connector would be periodic and therefore doesn't ensure that all email would be archived.
- 1. How do I restore a few emails or the entire mailbox of a user from Vaultastic?
- 2. Where is my archived email data stored?
The deployment of your Vaultastic account is an AWS region of your choice. Currently, Vaultastic SaaS is available in the APAC region (Singapore) or the India region.
Your data is stored on elastic cloud storage objects offering extremely high durability.
- 3. I backup my Mail server regularly. Do I still need Vaultastic?
It's great to know that you are maintaining regular backups of your mail server. However, please note that all actions on the mailstore including deleting of mail or mailboxes are reflected in the periodic backups.
Therefore if a user deletes mail, the next backup will not contain the deleted mail.
Vaultastic in contrast secures a copy of all emails before delivery. This ensures that even if a user accidentally or intentionally deletes mail from the primary mailbox, it is still available in the Vaultastic store.
Long story short, a periodic mail server backup cannot replace an automatic email archival.
- 4. Does Vaultastic archive instant messaging, calendar, file store, videos and other sources of data?
At this point in time, Vaultastic archives only email data.
We do have plans of incorporating other forms of conversations and data from other sources as part of the archival process in the near future.
- 5. Can I archive email from an on-premise mail server like MS Exchange, Zimbra, etc?
You can configure a forwarding or journaling rule on the primary mail server to secure a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail to Vaultastic.
- 6. My company is not part of a regulated industry. Do I still need to archive email?
The rapid digitization of organizations across industries is driving reliance on modern tools for business communication.
And email has become a dominant form of communication between organizations and their customers and partners.
This shift creates large volumes of unstructured business communication data, making recovery of data complex while handling data loss, theft, or corruption cases.
And the growing sophistication and number of cyberattacks are not helping to manage data-related risks.
A secure, immutable, central archive can help you preserve email data in tamper-proof vaults for extended periods and ensure that the data is online, search-ready, and discoverable on demand.
- 7. I use a cloud email service like Google Workspace/MS365, which gives me 30/50GB of storage per user. Why do I still need to archive email when my cloud mailbox storage is sufficient?
Your end-users typically manage your cloud mailboxes and have full rights to delete and move emails.
Hence you are never sure if the mailboxes have all the emails the users ever sent or received.
Thus an inability to retrieve any data requested by the auditor or compliance officer can put your organization at a significant legal or compliance risk.
Besides, you also run the risk of IP theft or data loss, which can financially cost your organization.
As a data management best practice, having an independent, immutable archive of all your data will substantially de-risk your organization and improve your ability to respond to data access requests.
- 1. How does this Email Storage solution help me stay within my purchased mailbox limits of 30GB or 50GB?
By deploying Vaultastic, you will automatically archive a copy of every mail to an independent, safe, and secure infrastructure.
Now it’s safe to delete emails from your active mailboxes since you will find them on Vaultastic. So, by deploying an automatic retention policy on your primary mailboxes (like retain emails of only the last two years and delete the rest), you can curtail the size of your mailboxes to stay within limits.
- 2. Once I archive emails to Vaultastic, is it safe for me to delete aging emails from my primary mailboxes? Do I need to maintain another backup?
Vaultastic delivers robust data durability and availability with a disaster recovery site that stores multiple redundant copies of your emails. A copy of all your emails is saved in Vaultastic’s extremely durable cloud storage (11 9’s of durability), ensuring that your chance of losing data is near zero. Learn more.
- 3. I practice periodically downloading old mail from my users’ mailboxes to PST files and storing them offline, which works for me. Why should I adopt Vaultastic as an Email Storage Management solution?
These traditional methods are limiting:
Manual process leading to low productivity:
Your IT Team, currently engaged in this work, can be doing something which adds more value to your business.
Risk of Data loss:
Since your capture is periodic, you will likely miss any added and deleted emails in the gap. Also, the human element and traditional storage devices fragment data and open it to tampering, theft, and loss.
Difficult to find information:
The fragmented, raw data makes it challenging to locate specific information quickly and accurately when requested during litigation or audits.
Vaultastic’s data storage management tools address the above and more challenges faced in data storage and data management. Learn more
Why the Vaultastic platform
Performance that Scales
Multi-dimension Cost Optimization
Complete Data Lifecycle Management
Why the Vaultastic platform
Continuous security update
Multi-dimension cost optimization
Complete data lifecycle management
Vaultastic addresses core concerns across all stakeholder
Covering the full range of compliance use cases
Continuous monitoring and management of security threats to build cyber resilience
Security and compliance
In Vaultastic your data is secure, private and easily accessible
- Compliance with industry regulatory guidelines
- Independent VAPT audits
- AWS FTR audit
- GDPR-shared responsibility model
- Continuous management and monitoring of security threats to build cyber resilience
High impact data management use cases across businesses
Small urban bank
Mid sized financial services firm
Mid sized health insurance
Mid sized regional bank
Mid sized bank
Legal services firm
Local government body
Small retail tech
Research and communication services
Very promising and visionary futuristic product
Overall this product is very much front line in terms of current compliance needs and competing with World leader peer solutions.
Innovation And Solutioning At Its Best
Innovation and solutioning at its best: It has been a great experience working with Mithi. Specially in the servicing part there support is commendable. They are good at providing simple and innovative solutioning.
The Archival - peak to bottom
We needed to preserve email data of former employees, reduce the license cost and cost of ever growing mail data, while staying compliant as per regulatory requirements. Vaultastic helps us achieve the above objectives, effectively.