Top benefits of using Vaultastic's Exchange email archiving solutions:
Vaultastic for Microsoft Exchange FAQs
- Vaultastic for Exchange
- 1. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Hosted Exchange setup?
No, the Vaultastic connector for Hosted Exchange uses the journaling feature of Hosted Exchange to send a copy of every mail sent and received by the selected users to an independent Vaultastic store.
- 2. Any special considerations for views in the archiving, retrieval, or deletion processes?
Mails once archived in Vaultastic can only be automatically deleted according to the retention policy selected. Neither the end users, nor the admins can delete mails.
User accounts in Vaultastic can be deleted only by users having the senior admin role.
- 3. Is there any plugin or extension to Hosted Exchange Web access?
No, the Vaultastic interface is independent of the Exchange Online end user interfaces. Depending on the rights assigned by the Vaultastic administrators, end users can access their Vaultastic accounts through a simple and secure web interface.
- 4. What configuration is needed on the Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online domains?
Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online domain administrators have to configure journaling to forward copies of incoming and outgoing mail of the selected or all users to the Vaultastic servers.
- 5. Why doesn't Vaultastic support an IMAP connector to Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online?
An IMAP access replicates the state of the primary mail box.
The Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online connector for Vaultastic stores a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail using the journaling feature of O365. This ensures that even if mails are deleted from the primary email server, they are intact in Vaultastic.