Are you using Microsoft Exchange Server or Exchange Online as your enterprise email solution? Although the on-premise, cloud and hybrid cloud versions continue to power email needs in a large number of enterprises, its built-in Exchange email archiving email archiving capabilities are not sufficient. Vaultastic offers state-of-the-art email archiving Microsoft for Exchange email archiving along with data security, admin and user access, assured business continuity, data durability and 24/7 eDiscovery support.
Top benefits of using Vaultastic's Exchange email archiving solutions:
- Vaultastic provides complete archiving for all on-premise and hosted Exchange plans. You don't need to purchase expensive Enterprise E3 level or equivalent license for each of your users.
- Vaultastic stores a copy of every mail you send and receive (independent of the primary mail server) to ensure data redundancy and protection against service outage, data loss or corruption. Whereas with in-place archiving in Exchange Online, you get an additional archive mail box. This archive mailbox holds historical mail and the emails get deleted from your primary mail-box.
- There are no storage limitations in Vaultastic. While using the hosted Exchange option, an archive mailbox is created and an initial quota of 100 GB is set. Requests for increasing the quota of the archive have to be submitted to Microsoft.
- All your email data in Vaultastic is safely stored in AWS data centers.
- Vaultastic integrates perfectly with Microsoft Exchange.
- Analysis of The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018
- 5 Best Practices When Choosing An Email Archiving Solution For Your Business
- How will GDPR Affect Email Retention?
- Data Privacy Laws in the US: Where Compliance Meets its Purpose
- Vaultastic Update: A new app for easier historical data upload
- Data Privacy Laws in South East Asia
- Make GDPR Compliance easy for Email with Vaultastic
- A 7 Step Guide for Implementing GDPR in your Business
- Impact of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on Indian Businesses
- Vaultastic supports HIPAA Compliance for the healthcare industry
Vaultastic for Microsoft Exchange FAQs
- Vaultastic for Exchange
- 1. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Hosted Exchange setup?
No, the Vaultastic connector for Hosted Exchange uses the journaling feature of Hosted Exchange to send a copy of every mail sent and received by the selected users to an independent Vaultastic store.
- 2. Any special considerations for views in the archiving, retrieval, or deletion processes?
Mails once archived in Vaultastic can only be automatically deleted according to the retention policy selected. Neither the end users, nor the admins can delete mails.
User accounts in Vaultastic can be deleted only by users having the senior admin role.
- 3. Is there any plugin or extension to Hosted Exchange Web access?
No, the Vaultastic interface is independent of the Exchange Online end user interfaces. Depending on the rights assigned by the Vaultastic administrators, end users can access their Vaultastic accounts through a simple and secure web interface.
- 4. What configuration is needed on the Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online domains?
Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online domain administrators have to configure journaling to forward copies of incoming and outgoing mail of the selected or all users to the Vaultastic servers.
- 5. Why doesn't Vaultastic support an IMAP connector to Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online?
An IMAP access replicates the state of the primary mail box.
The Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online connector for Vaultastic stores a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail using the journaling feature of O365. This ensures that even if mails are deleted from the primary email server, they are intact in Vaultastic.