Email Data Protection in the Pharmaceutical Industry is often ignored.
Why are Email data management solutions for the pharmaceutical industry crucial?
Email data management solutions for the pharmaceutical industry are crucial because a large volume of critical information, from the interpretation of clinical findings to the measure of drug outcomes using real-time data, is shared using emails.
The pharmaceutical industry is also affected by digitization demands with exploding information about drugs, their constituent substances, organizations, suppliers, customers, markets, drug reactions, drug outcomes, and so on.
Therefore, digitization of the pharmaceutical industry requires consistent data storage and monitoring to ensure compliance with rigorous standards, protect intellectual property and maintain the privacy of the patients and test subjects involved.
Companies in the Pharmaceutical industry are constantly worried about leakage of critical IP about their drug discovery and clinical trials to the competition.
In addition, the sales force of the Pharmaceutical industry shares marketing information about drugs and warranties over emails.
Related: Why preserve emails
Why is the Traditional Pharmaceuticals Data Management System Not Ideal?
Pharmaceutical companies are slow to adopt digitization trends because data privacy in the pharmaceutical industry takes precedence over other reasons to protect the data.
The clinical trials contain analytical data in multiple file formats that can only be interpreted by specific software.
While this data is easily shared via emails, storage is limited to on-premises drives and tapes to ensure data privacy in the pharmaceutical industry.
Following are some challenges of traditional Pharmaceuticals Data Management Systems:
- On-premises infrastructure is insufficient in most pharmaceutical companies to accommodate the massive growth in emails carrying information about clinical trials, drug analysis, drug outcomes, patient outcomes, health care needs, compliance demands, and so on.
- Centrally storing and categorizing emails is difficult with fragmented data spread across multiple locations.
- Ensuring compliance is extremely hard with emails containing data relevant only for a short period as drug trials continue to provide different results.
- Data discovery is cumbersome, time-consuming, and daunting because the IT team must dig for crucial information in unstructured, fragmented data storage devices.
- Limited security with virtually no control over data access increases the risk of tampering with critically confidential data, data theft, and data loss.
Realize a 30% drop in TCO with Pharmaceuticals Data Management Solutions by Vaultastic on AWS.
Vaultastic provides email data management solutions for the pharmaceutical industry, specially designed to the demands and needs of the heavily regulated pharma companies.
Our best-in-class cloud data protection for the pharmaceutical industry makes it much simpler and more secure to store, categorize, discover, and retrieve business communication carrying all types of clinical data, drug analysis, patient outcomes, and market analysis about your pharmaceutical company.
Our solution offers the following cloud services to ease email data management solutions for the pharmaceutical industry:
Unbreakable data Integrity
Strong Data Privacy controls
Highly Durable storage and Highly Available service
Vaultastic Pharmaceuticals Data Management System scores high
Every industry adopting digital technology has significantly improved business innovation and productivity.
Automation vastly improves internal operational efficiencies, leaving the IT team to work on strategic solutions for business growth.
Following are some benefits your pharmaceutical company can achieve by switching to Vaultastic email data management:
90% faster turnaround on data requests.
Up to 60% cost optimization as the data size grows.
Up to 30%, lower TCO over a comparable on-premises setup.
Reliable and fast data migration
The Vaultastic Edge for Email Archiving
Cross Platform. Independent. Open
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- 1. Will Vaultastic optimize storage for emails spread across multiple email solutions and clients?
- 2. How long will you keep older emails in storage because old clinical data may suddenly become relevant for newer drug trials?More
The duration of retention of emails in your Vaultastic vaults is entirely in your control. You can define separate retention periods for each vault if you so need. This feature could help you determine retention as per the person's role.
If you are concerned about the storage growth and cost escalation, you can leverage Vaultastic’s storage tiering architecture to move aging, infrequently used data into the Inactive store. Learn more about Vaultastic’s stores.
- 3. Can I keep some email data on-premises while using your cloud-based solution?More
Sure you can.
Suppose you are subscribing to an on-premise archiving tool and also subscribing to Vaultastic. In that case, you can archive emails from some mailboxes into the on-premises solution and from the rest into Vaultastic. This setup is popularly called a hybrid cloud setup.
To clarify further, instead of an on-premises archival tool, you may also opt to store a backup of those emails on some local storage device (not recommended - high risk).
- 4. How do you ensure the confidentiality of data about drug discovery?More
Data ingested and preserved on Vaultastic is encrypted at rest and in transit. This means that only you and people authorised by you can access this data via the Vaultastic application.
Besides robust encryption, Vaultastic deploys a validated multi-layered scared security framework to safeguard your data in our cloud. Learn more.
- 5. How will you support data in specific formats only proprietary software can interpret?More
Vaultastic ingests and preserves emails and their attachments “as received” in their original form. Vaultastic does not alter your data in any way. This immutability ensures that it will be original when you retrieve your data from Vaultastic. You can rest assured that your proprietary software can process it.