Why you need a Separate G Suite Email Archive
The native capabilities in the Google Vault, G suite email archiving solution, are limiting:
- As most regulations and operational practices demand, there is no redundancy for the data storage (the archive is on the same platform as the emails).
- Since the archive and the primary data are “in place,” you run a significant risk of Data Loss if you delete users or reset licenses.
- There are no Easy Migration tools to import and manage legacy email data efficiently and cost-effectively.
- The discovery and extraction capabilities are not adequate to support knowledge discovery and compliance.
- No Cost Optimization: More storage needs a plan upgrade, which can be an expensive proposition.
- Poor Flexibility: Google Vault can only archive data from Workspace accounts. Hence any data on other cloud-based/on-premise mailing solutions or local email data files will need to be migrated to Workspace.
- Data Residency choices are limited and only available to the buyers of the higher Enterprise plans.
- No self-service for users, as only the administrators can use Google Vault. This limitation can increase the data recovery burden on already overworked IT teams.
These limitations in Google Vault can increase the risks of non-compliance for regulated businesses.
And managing these limitations burdens overworked IT and compliance teams and escalates data management costs.
Vaultastic is a powerful add-on for G Suite email archiving.
Vaultastic is an excellent Google Workspace backup solution for email archiving. It reduces the risk of data loss by storing immutable copies of your email data in multiple geographically apart availability zones (data centers) of AWS.Learn more.
As a perpetual archive in an operational cloud infrastructure separate from Google Workspace, Vaultastic assures that G Suite archive email is available for compliance on-demand.
Multi-level ediscovery supports user self-service, department-level search access, and auditor level full/partial access without IT team intervention.
Integrated collaboration tools easy compliance workflows and significantly improve response quality and time, thereby boosting compliance postures.
Vaultastic’s automated migration tools can de-fragment your legacy data stores and make a unified, single repository for easy discovery.
Vaultastic supports cross-platform email archiving from multiple mailing solutions and email formats such as PST, EML, and MBOX.As your data size grows (and it will), Vaultastic can deploystorage tiering to segregate recent, frequently used emails in the Active (hot) store and aging infrequently used emails into the Inactive (cold) store to optimize up to 60% costs.
Benefits of Vaultastic as an independent G Suite email archive.
- Vaultastic, a G Suite archiving add-on, reduces the risk of data lock-in since most cloud email solutions throttle bulk data extraction.
- Vaultastic enables easy export of the ediscovery results or an entire vault into portable format files for smooth integration with email clients or analytic tools.
- Vaultastic reduces response time to compliance, litigation, and evidence discovery requests.
- Vaultastic’s deep e-discovery uses boolean constructs on mail attributes, message content, date, and legal hold capabilities to support rapid and accurate responses to compliance and legal evidence requests.
- Protect against data loss caused by intentional or accidental erasures.
- Reduction in IT cost since Vaultastic is a fully managed new-age service with automation tools and rich cloud services.
- Enable self-service for end-users to boost productivity and reduce the burden on IT teams.
- Strong ROI: Reduced storage costs, reduced effort by IT teams to manage data, protection from the financial risk of data loss, and the ability to use the more affordable Google Workspace packages add to a rapid ROI.
The Vaultastic Edge
Live Case Study
Vaultastic for Google Workspace
- Vaultastic for GSuite
- 1. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the GSuite setup?
- 2. Is there any plugin or extension to G Suite for Work?More
No, the Vaultastic application is independent of the G Suite interfaces. Depending on the rights assigned by the Vaultastic administrators, end users can access their Vaultastic Vaults through a simple and secure web interface.
- 3. Does Vaultastic maintain the data classification of G Suite for Work?More
To keep the end-user interface simple, all emails are archived in a central repository and accessible to the user via an ediscovery UI. The user can leverage "saved searches" in the ediscovery interface to create any number of virtual folders accessible on a single click
Vaultastic has no knowledge of the folder structure or organization of emails on the primary mailbox.
- 4. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Google Workspace setup to enable archiving of email data?
- 5. With Google Workspace on GCP and Vaultastic on AWS, will the email data be archived across cloud providers?More
Yes. Configuring Vaultastic for mail domains hosted on Cloud email services such as Google Workspace (G Suite) ensures that a physical copy of every mail sent and received is available on the AWS cloud.
This multi-cloud strategy reduces your risk of vendor lock-in as you control your most critical data in an independent infrastructure.
- 6. Can I archive emails of only selected users from my Google Workspace account?More
Yes. You can archive emails only for a selected set of users using the journaling configurations on Google Workspace (G Suite).
- 7. Can I migrate my legacy email data in PST formats?
- 8. How do I access, search, and extract my archived email data on Vaultastic?